The Year 9 curriculum is designed to help young people plan for and shape their future by investigating a wide range of career opportunities and pathways, and identifying the skills and personal qualities required for these occupations.
- Build self-awareness and see the relevance of their learning;
- Develop a broader understanding of careers and pathways to success;
- Further develop the tools to make informed career choices; and
- Begin the development of a career portfolio that will:
- Be added to in Year 10, 11 and 12;
- Enable informed subject selection;
- Be referred to during career guidance sessions;
- Be used when applying for part-time employment; and
- Be shown to parents
Students attend an Explore QUT event and have the process of Work Experience explained to them in Term 4.