This week in Kitchen Garden we harvested a bumper crop of carrots, not your ordinary everyday carrots but crazy carrots! Our carrots had many twists and turns and many legs, some even looked like strange creatures from the deep but they tasted delicious! Eggplant and snow peas were also harvested in abundance.
There is nothing better on a cool and rainy day than a nice warm cup of soup. This week our Master Chefs made a delicious sweet corn, chicken and noodle soup. Here is the recipe:
Sweet corn, chicken and noodle soup
- 125 grams vermicelli noodles, soaked in boiling water until soft.
- 1 large chicken breast, thinly sliced.
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced.
- Small handful parsley, finely chopped.
- 1 litre of chicken or vegetable stock.
- 400 gram tin of creamed corn.
- 1 large sweet corn, kernels removed.
- 1 tbs olive oil.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add chicken and shallots and cook until chicken is cooked through. Add corn kernels, creamed corn and stock. Bring to the boil. Add parsley, salt and pepper to taste. Stir through noodles and serve with crusty bread.