In order to enjoy the augmented reality photos dotted throughout our 2018 Yearbook please follow the below help guide:
Download and Setup Instructions
You will need:
- A smartphone (Apple or Android) or iPad/tablet with an inbuilt camera and internet access (wifi or data).
- The HP Reveal app. A free download from either the App Store (Apple) or Google Play (Android):
iPhone users click here: iOS iTunes App Store
Android users click here: Google Android Play Store.
- Once installed, create an account in HP Reveal. It’s free and easy:
Enter your email address (if you wish to), choose a username and password.
- If asked to allow the app to access your camera, you MUST select ‘OK’.
- Search for our page, “GlasshouseCC” (one word, no spaces), click on “glasshousecc’s Public Auras“ (next to our College logo).
- Then click the grey “Follow” button.
- You are now ready to go to the HP Reveal discover page and tap the blue round button at the bottom-centre of your screen. NOTE: If you don’t see the blue round explore button, you may need to click on the <Back link at the top-left of the app, and then click Cancel (top-right) to exit out of the setup. This should take you back to the HP Reveal discover page where you will find a blue round button at the bottom-centre of the screen.
- You will now see your camera view with six bouncing balls bouncing in and out. Now hold your phone over any of the photos in the yearbook that display a red play button and you will see the photo come to life.
Download the information letter sent out with the 2018 Augmented Reality Yearbooks.
Watch a sample video of augmented reality in our yearbook.
First ensure you have followed the above instructions exactly as detailed.
Have you downloaded and installed HP Reveal?
Have you created an account, selecting a user name and password?
Did click ‘OK’ for the app to access your camera?
Have you searched for ‘glasshousecc‘ and clicked the ‘Follow’ button?
Have you gone back to the HP Reveal discover page where you will find a blue-round discover button to click on? – If you are unsure, try closing the app and reopen it which should take you directly to the discover page.
HP Reveal employs cutting-edge image recognition technology and requires a tablet or smart phone with the following specifications:
- iOS or Android Operating System
- Android supported versions: 4.4+ or iOS supported versions: 9.0+
- A high-powered ARM or x86 processor
- Rear-facing camera, preferably with autofocus.
Still having issues?
Send an email to: email@example.com explaining which step you are stuck on and Stephanie will give you a call to help you get started.