Welcome to Glasshouse Christian College and thank you for taking an interest in our College. We are a Sunshine Coast independent school located in Beerwah. At Glasshouse Christian College children are nurtured in a warm and friendly environment while encouraged to pursue their own academic personal best. The whole educational experience at GCC is underpinned by biblical values rooted in a desire to follow the example of Jesus Christ and to assist students to grow in their Christian understanding.
Furthermore: our College has the following points of difference that separate us from other good Sunshine Coast independent schools:
- Both our Secondary and Primary classrooms employ cutting edge technology where data projectors, interactive whiteboards and fully networked computers are commonplace. This technology, in the hands of skilled and passionate teachers, transforms the classroom into an engaging and challenging learning environment.
- We have approximately 1075 students enrolled in the College from Prep to Year 12. This moderate enrolment means that students can be known on a more personal level by the whole College community, not just their class teacher. The result is fewer discipline problems, a more welcome playground and a stronger sense of belonging.
- Having Prep to Senior School on the same campus enables us to design a curriculum where students can follow a clear, well planned pathway from their first day to graduation. Our curriculum is based on the Australian Curriculum.
- All general classrooms in the College are fully air-conditioned. This means students settle down to work faster and concentrate longer.
- All Year 3 students have the opportunity to be part of the Smart Strings program. In Year 5, students can learn an instrument – either the trumpet, saxophone, trombone, percussion, keyboard or violin as regularly scheduled lessons. This means students can learn an instrument while at school without missing subject classes. There are future plans to expand this program in the Primary school.
- All of our teachers are regularly worshipping Christians who, not only merely support the ethos and values of the College, they live them in their professional and private lives.
Glasshouse Christian College is about helping all students grow into enthusiastic and independent learners who can achieve their own personal bests. In this brief statement though, I have only been able to provide a snapshot of the great Christian school we have here on the Sunshine Coast. If you would like to know more about the College we would love to meet you and show you our College first hand. Please contact our Registrar, Sonya Bowden, either through the website or by phone to book your campus tour.
MIKE CURTIS, PRINCIPAL (since January 2008)