The Pastors at Glasshouse Christian College help make GCC one of the best private schools on the Sunshine Coast. The generous sized pastoral team and their availability to the students exceeds most other private schools. College Pastors are:
- An integral part of everyday life at Glasshouse Christian College providing spiritual oversight, guidance and support to students and their families.
- Committed Christians who are in good standing and active in their local church.
- Passionate about seeing students and families discover God, grow in their faith, so they can live life abundantly as God intends them to.
- Respectful of all our students and families irrespective of their faith traditions.
- Safe people for students to share their life and faith journey with.
- People of genuine compassion who offer encouragement, a listening ear, care, support and guidance on social, emotional and spiritual issues.
- Proactive in preventing issues and reactive, responding to them.
- Trained in Theology and Ministry and experienced in youth and children’s ministry.
College Pastors exist to:
- Provide opportunities for students to explore their spiritual side through: chapels, groups, one on one conversations.
- Actively promote student well-being through: pastoral care, life skills groups, mentoring and visitation.
- Provide a safe place for students to navigate life challenges through: pastoral care, prayer, working with families and College staff, as well as referring to other support agencies where necessary.
- Build positive relationships through: camps, excursions, sports days and events.
- Make Glasshouse Christian College one of the most welcoming private schools on the Sunshine Coast for students.
Introducing the College Pastors:
Fiona Cran – Pastor Fi is the College Head Pastor with Secondary school focus. She has served in Youth and Children’s ministry for 20 years through Youth Camps, Kids Clubs, RI ministry, and as a conference speaker and ministry team trainer.
Fiona is married to Martin, with four grown up children. She is passionate about supporting students and their families on their faith and life journey. Her role at the College combines all her favourite things, hanging out with young people, creating positive spaces to explore God, and working with an amazing team at one of the best private schools on the Sunshine Coast, GCC!
Donna Newell – Pastor Donna is married to Ross and has three children who are past students of Glasshouse Christian College. Her involvement with the College goes back to the days of praying for it when it was only a vision.
Donna’s passion for the College has seen her taking students on Fiji Mission trips over the years. Ps Donna has seen and experienced many of God’s blessings at the College over the years and she is thrilled to be able to share His love with the children on a more personal level.
Jocelyn Carolissen – Pastor Joc is our Primary College Pastor. She has a Bachelor of Theology and has been involved in school and church ministry for ten years. She loves teaching kids about Jesus and has ministry experience in Australia, South Africa and Mexico.
Ps Joc recently had a beautiful baby girl. She is married to Ryan who is a Secondary teacher here at the College. Together they enjoy nature, travelling and being active. She has a heart for social justice and helping kids see how they can be involved in helping the needs of others.
Josh Wolsley – Pastor Josh is a trained teacher, loves God and has a heart for people. Surfing, outdoor activities and being creative are just some of Josh’s hobbies.
Josh recently got married and is loving married life. Josh is really excited for the year ahead at GCC.
Sydney Moore – Pastor Syd joined our College in 2020 and his bio will be posted here really soon.