The Meanjin (Brisbane) Local Council of the Australian Literacy Educators’ Association Inc. (ALEA) conducts a young writers’ camp to encourage and develop talented young writers. Students in Years 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 from both state and non-state schools are invited to attend and have the opportunity to work with well-known and established authors. They are able to accept up to 120 participants.
Monday 2 and Tuesday 3 July 2018
School of Education and Professional Studies
*Mt Gravatt Campus, Brisbane
176 Messines Ridge Road, Mt Gravatt
Please note the day will begin in Building M10 (Room 1.30)
COME ALONG AND CELEBRATE OUR 40TH CAMP, WITH THE FOLLOWING AUTHORS:
- Peter Carnavas
- Dimity Powell
- Simon Kindt
- Candice Lemon-Scott
Please note the authors are subject to change, but you can find more information about each of these authors at: http://www.speakers-ink.com.au/speakers
$200 per child/student
$300 per ‘family’ (up to 2 children/students)
* Please ensure you attend Mt Gravatt campus NOT Nathan campus of Griffith University.
Note: Cash book sales and author signings will be available over the two days.
ALEA Meanjin is not responsible for any loss of monies brought to this event.
- Meet professional authors who write across a range of genres
- Hear about how our authors plan their work
- Work with the authors in writing workshops
- Gather great tips for your own creative writing
- Explore writing, talking about writing, and write!
- Share your writing
- Enjoy social activities with new friends and other keen writers!
If you love writing or want to improve your writing, then THIS OPPORTUNITY IS FOR YOU!
Any Year 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 or 10 child may attend.
We are able to cater for up to 120 students, so bring your friends!
Register online for this event at:
*See the registration help note, below!
Registrations close on Friday 29 June or when all places are filled.
WHAT TO BRING
- Completed and signed permission, health, indemnity and media release forms
- Writing paper, pens, pencils, eraser
- Laptop or tablet if you use these to write (please have them fully charged and named)
- Morning tea and lunch and water bottle (named)
- Hat (named)
- Your imagination!
FOR MORE INFORMATION
P: (07) 3470 4203
E: [email protected]
Dr Lisbeth Kitson
P: 0400 120060
E: [email protected]
More information on this link: Alea Meanjin Young Writers’ Camp