This journey begins in the lower primary classes where students are given a strong foundation in literacy and numeracy which are essential building blocks for every other aspect of learning.
- are encouraged to have a growth mindset where they recognise that at any time there will be skills and concepts which they have already mastered and others which they can’t do YET – but they WILL as they keep working on them
- are supported with strong pastoral care
- can learn in classrooms where there are no interruptions to teaching and learning (Responsible Thinking Process)
- have access to multiple devices – iPads and one-to-one laptops
- have access to Learning support (Eagle Centre) or extension (Gifted & Talented sessions)
- engage in specialist lessons from Prep – Year 6 (French, Music, Dance, Drama and Physical Education).
- are growing capacity as they engage in continuing whole school and individual professional development
- embrace technology with their students which allows classroom devices (laptops and iPads) to be integrated into lessons in ways that enhance learning
- support students in every way spiritually, socially, emotionally and behaviourally
- are committed to providing a safe, happy learning environment where every student is important.